Tuesday 2 September 2014

If I Stay - Review


On Saturday I went with my sister to see 'If I Stay' let's just say I was very excited. I brought this book a couple months ago, and I finished it in less than a week. I just couldn't put it down! When I head that my favourite book was being turned into a film I went crazy, especially since my favourite actor was playing the lead boy, Adam.

The book is written so well, it starts with the day of the crash. The book is written in Mia's point of view which is great because the story often drifts to moments of her past that she's thinking about whilst in the awful situation of the hospital. 






Within the book it's just so easy to love Mia's chacacter, the ways she has a passion for classical music and is also wanting to go on adventures with Adam, it's just so fun to read. 

And like I said before Jamie Blackley is my favourite actor, he has been ever since he played Duncan on an episode of Midsomer Murders. I also enjoyed watching him play whilst in the movie. Jamie is extremely talented with his guitar and watching the band performance scenes just made me fall in love with him even more, if that's even possible. 

After watching the film I went home and found the 'If I Stay' official movie soundtrack and as thoughts Jamie's band are on the soundtrack with all the amazing songs that they performed within the film. If you want to listen to the band there name is Willamette Stone. 




But with most novels turned into films there's the question will the film live up to the greatness of the book? With 'If I Stay' the answer is yes the film is just as amazing as the film. But if you've seen the film I suggest reading the book to give you a better understanding of the film, it has a lot more information and more details of the chapters and the story in general. 

I'm really looking forward to the next film, 'Where She Went' I can't wait to read that book as well.

Aimee 
XO


No comments:

Post a Comment